Tour Your Local Fire Station
The Rockledge Fire Department welcomes residents and visitors to our community to come visit their local fire station. There are three fire stations in Rockledge and you are welcome to tour any one of our facilities. However, our main fire station is probably better suited to accommodate larger groups. Group station tours typically last approximately 20 to 25 minutes and include a walk through of the facility with an explanation about all aspects of life in the fire station as well as viewing the fire engines and fire fighting equipment along with demonstrations of some of our tools and equipment, depending on the age group.
Fire Station Tours for Groups
Guided tours of local fire stations are provided free of charge to residents and visitors as part of the departments public outreach program. When scheduling your tour please keep the following tips in mind
- Fire Station tours may be scheduled between the hours of 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Monday through Sunday. Evening tours are available on a limited basis and are scheduled on an individual basis.
- Please allow a minimum of one week in advance to schedule a tour.
- Recommended minimum age for tour participants is 5 years or older. However we will try and accommodate your needs on a case by case basis.
- Group size must be 25 or fewer total participants (including children and chaperones). There must be 1 adult chaperone for every 5 children.
- Fire stations remain "in-service" during tours. Fire companies may need to respond to emergencies at any time. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting. In the event a crew is called away during your visit, we will be happy to re-schedule your tour for another day.
- Birthday party groups meeting the age requirement are welcome to tour a fire station as part of their event. We ask that you do not hold party festivities such as cake, ice cream or gifts at the station.
- To schedule a station tour please call our administrative office during normal business hours at (321) 221-7540.
Fire Station Tours for Individuals
For small groups of four people or less, you can just stop by your local fire station. If the crew is not busy, they will be happy to show you the station and fire engine. Stations are open to the public each day from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. No special reservation is required for individuals.